Welcome to the Minneapolis Parks Trails!
Our system consists of groomed ski trails including Theodore Wirth Regional Park Ski Trails, Hiawatha Regional Park Ski Trails, the Chain of Lakes Regional Park Ski Trails, and Columbia Golf Course Ski Trails.
A portion of the North Wirth Ski Trails are groomed with human-made snow and are lighted from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Single Track Trails
Theodore Wirth Regional Park has many single track trails throughout. Some of the trails are maintained by MORC and trail conditions can be found on their User Forum. The Area 36, 45 North and Conundrum trails are maintained by The Loppet Foundation and trail conditions are listed below. Please respect the trails and use when appropriate!
Official Trail Report
See the maps section below for information about trail names and locations.
Groomed Ski Trails
Course Closure Dates
On the dates listed below, sections of the snow-making and natural ski trails will be closed for large events. Please plan your schedule accordingly. For the most accurate trail closure details for approaching events, stay tuned to the “Official Trail Report” section above.
Click on the links below to find out more information about each event or to register to participate in the events.
- January 4, 2020: Loppet High School Invite (8am – 12pm)
- January 5, 2020: Pre-Loppet (8am – 12pm)
- January 31, 2020: City of Lakes Loppet Winter Festival (5 – 9pm)
- February 1, 2020: City of Lakes Loppet Winter Festival (8:30am – 10:00pm)
- February 2, 2020: City of Lakes Loppet Winter Festival (8:30am – 3:30pm)
- February 16, 2020: Mayor’s XC Ski Challenge (Coming soon)
- February 17, 2020: Mayor’s XC Ski Challenge (Coming soon)
- March 1, 2020: Loppet Winter Triathlon (7:30 – 11am)
- March 14, 2020: Fastenal Parallel 45 Winter Festival (8:30am – 7pm)
- March 15, 2020: Fastenal Parallel 45 Winter Festival (8:30am – 6:30pm)
- March 16, 2020: Fastenal Parallel 45 Winter Festival (3 – 7pm)
- March 17, 2020: MN World Cup and Fastenal Parallel 45 Winter Festival (ALL DAY)