Loppet Winter Volunteer opportunities:
- Luminary Loppet – opportunities from Wednesday December 28th 2022 to Sunday February 19th, 2023
- City of Lakes Loppet Winter Festival – Saturday February 4th/Sunday February 5th, 2023
- Mayor’s Challenge – Saturday, February 18/Sunday, February 19, 2023
If you’re interested in sharing your love for the Loppet with your community, consider signing up for a Loppet Tabling Volunteer Opportunity.
Please also review our Special Volunteer Opportunities Signup Board for other opportunities such as:
- The Green Team: The Loppet Green Team is a volunteer position focused on maximizing our environmental efficiency and sustainability. To ensure we are moving towards a sustainable future, we are asking for your help in monitoring waste bins to ensure proper disposal of trash, recycle, and compost during events. As well as, assisting with set up, disposal, and at tear down at the conclusion of events. Keeping the waste sorted is essential to ensure that all of our compostable and recyclables are not turned into trash.
For volunteer questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Loppet Events are a great way to help the Loppet Foundation realize its mission of getting folks outdoors. All kinds of volunteer help is needed: make ice luminaries, course marshal, aid station help, set up and clean up help, and much, much more. Visit the various event sites to sign up for a volunteer shift (or several!)
Loppet Adventure Programs volunteers assist with a Junior Loppet middle school team, volunteer with the Minne-Loppet programs in the elementary schools and assist ski and run club coaches. If you are interested in coaching for Minne-Loppet or Junior Loppet, please fill out the sign-up form above and pick “Minne-Loppet” or “Junior Loppet” as one of your preferred volunteer tasks.
Loppet Trail Kids provides year round outdoor active adventures club for youth ages 7 – 14 years old. Kids enjoy activities throughout the year that include mountain biking, orienteering, canoeing, adventure running, and cross country skiing. Contact email@example.com for information on current or upcoming Trail Kids volunteer opportunities.
The Loppet Foundation is constantly undertaking trails related projects in Theodore Wirth Park and welcomes volunteers in all capacities to help support the trails. Throughout the year, we have specific volunteer event days where we recruit individuals to help with the trails, along with ongoing projects which have no set date. Please also let us know if you have a large group that would like to volunteer together, so we can best accommodate your request.
- Volunteers must register online in advance. This is extremely helpful for planning purposes and to ensure we have emergency contact information for everyone. Thank you!
- If you need to cancel, email your task coordinator directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you will no longer be joining us.
- Please arrive 15 mins before schedule time to allow time for orientation, team organization, finding locations, etc.
- The Loppet Foundation is not responsible for lost or stolen items such as backpacks or tools. Please be careful with personal gear.
- Please plan to assist for your entire assigned assignment. If you leave early, you may compromise the safety of participants or spectators. If you need to leave early in the case of an emergency, please notify your volunteer shift leader.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Age restrictions apply to certain jobs. Please do not bring your children with you unless they are registered as volunteers.