Wirth on Wednesdays (WOW) presented by Ziegler Cat
A spotlight shines bright on the Loppet Foundation-managed singletrack trails at Theodore Wirth Park with the return of the popular spring and summer mountain bike race series. Meet us at The Trailhead for the 2021 Wirth on Wednesdays (WOW) events presented by Ziegler Cat.
The Trailhead at Theodore Wirth Park has some of the most accessible trails around, including the popular Conundrum, Area 36, 45 North singletrack loops, all linked by the amazing paved trail network composed of the Grand Rounds, Theodore Wirth Parkway, and Luce Line trails.
Saddle up and get ready to ride in this fun race series that will surely WOW you!
There is no in person registration, all registration MUST be done online. This can done via a mobile device right up to race time.Register Now!
Proceeds from the Wirth on Wednesdays benefit the Loppet Foundation. Learn more about the Foundation's mission, vision, and values.
Registration and transaction fees are non-refundable, including in the event of delay, rescheduling, or cancellation of an event or program. An event or program registration is not transferable to another person or another event for any reason, including injury. Participating under another person's name will result in disqualification.
Race categories are broken into youth, novice, intermediate, and advanced racers, in order to provide every level of racer the opportunity to experience a safe, enjoyable challenge that fits their goals and abilities.
Format for the series is mass start. We will have spacing in the start area and may have multple waves depending on number of participants.
Fat bikes are welcome, though there is no separate category for fat bikes.
The loops consist of variations of our Area 36 trails at The Trailhead in Theodore Wirth Park. Each lap is a little over 3 miles.
- 5:00PM Youth (13 years old and younger): 15-20 minutes / 1 lap race
- 5:30PM Novice (all ages): 30-50 minutes / 2 laps
- 6:15PM Advanced (13+ years old): 50-70 minutes / 4 laps
- 6:30PM Kids fun race: (2-8 year olds): Free, but need to fill out a waiver. On the skills loops, usually ride for 10 min. Depending on numbers may separate into two waves of age groups or striders/riders.
- 7:15PM Intermediate (11+ years old): 40-50 minutes / 3 laps
The 2021 events will be held on the following dates:
- June 2 – hosted by Donkey Label
- June 16 – hosted by Twin Six
- June 30 – hosted by Angry Catfish
July 14– hosted by Twin Six (Retro Night) … cancelled for rain July 28– hosted by Gear West … rescheduled to August 4 because of excessive heat
- Aug 4 – hosted by Gear West (Luau @ WoW, wear a Hawaiian shirt). Construction/Mask Update
- Aug 11 – hosted by Donkey Label
- Aug 18 – hosted by Twin Six (Retro Night, dig out that old kit…dust of that old bike. We want to see you all in your vintage glory)
In case of rain, we will communicate by 3pm on Wednesdays.
Parking & Transportation
We encourage biking from your house if you are able, especially since starting June 21, Theodore Wirth Parkway from Hwy 55 to The Trailhead will be closed along with Plymouth Ave. For those who must drive, we encourage carpooling. All participants and spectators who drive should park in the nearby Mortenson parking lot. It is a short bike ride from there using the Grand Rounds Bike Trail (along Theodore Wirth Parkway) to the start area.
The Loppet Foundation needs volunteers in all capacities for the Wirth on Wednesdays series. Please use the button below to sign up for a volunteer position. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.